Can Stomach Bloating Be A Sign Of Kidney Failure
My husband was diagnosed in October with stage 3 chronic kidney disease and has not yet been seen by kidney doctor I was not aware of his chronic kidney disease because his doctor never discussed it with me he went to his doctor on March the 20th and I didnt realize he had chronic kidney disease until around March the 27th when I called about his blood work and thats when they told me he was diagnosed in October we went on April the 20th 2018 for blood work at the kidney doctor he has an appointment on May 3rd for the results of his blood work but he keeps talking about hurting it in his stomach both sides underneath his rib cage he had a colonoscopy done
Ibs And Other Functional Gi Disorders
Functional gastrointestinal disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome , functional abdominal bloating and distention, functional constipation, and functional dyspepsia may cause problems with gas symptoms.
Functional GI disorders are related to problems with how your brain and your gut work together. These problems can cause you to feel more bloating or abdominal pain or can affect how gas moves through your intestines.
You Bruise Easily And Are Experiencing Muscle Weakness
You gained weight out of nowhere and are also suffering from pained muscles? The culprit could be Cushing’s syndrome, a disorder that occurs when your body makes too much of the hormone cortisol over a long period of time.
“Irregular menses, easy bruising, muscle weakness, and fatigue can be due to Cushing’s syndrome,” says Judi Goldstone, MD, a physician in internal medicine and weight loss expert. “Caused by excess cortisol, Cushing’s is associated with weight gain in the abdomen, neck, face, and back.”
This illness is hard to diagnose, according to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Therefore, it’s best to head to the doctor sooner than later if you think Cushing’s syndrome might be behind your weight gain.
Also Check: Liver Disease And Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Learn More With Overcoming Estrogen Dominance
The body has an amazing ability to heal. We just need to give it the right resources.
In Overcoming Estrogen Dominance, my goal is to empower and give you the tools to take control of your hormones and health.
More than 70% of women experience estrogen dominance. The symptoms range from lumpy and fibrocystic breasts to thyroid nodules, hot flashes, fibroids, uterine polyps, painful, heavy or irregular periods to infertility and miscarriages, from mood swings to insomnia, weight gain to fatigue.
So many women have experienced the pain and frustration that comes when they feel their symptoms and complaints are dismissed or minimized. This is particularly true for women who are experiencing the symptoms of hormone imbalance. Even when doctors do offer treatment, its typically in the form of prescription medication or invasive surgical procedures.
In Overcoming Estrogen Dominance, I hope to show that those extreme interventions are often unnecessary, and to give women a roadmap to reverse estrogen dominance using food, herbs, supplements and natural protocols to rebalance hormones.
To get your copy of Overcoming Estrogen Dominance, go here.
Unexplained Weight Loss Loss Of Appetite And Feeling Weak
Losing weight, losing your appetite or feeling weak are all possible signs of colon or rectal cancer along with many other unrelated conditions. In patients with colon or rectal cancer, these symptoms are usually related. Persistent diarrhea can cause weight loss. Stomach pain and nausea can reduce your appetite so that you dont consume enough food to maintain your weight. All these issues, as well as anemia, can lead to weakness.
Recommended Reading: Is Extreme Fatigue A Sign Of Menopause
Does The Patient Suffer From Depression
If they also complain of tiredness and weight gain consider hypothyroidism.
If they are tired and nauseated, and describe polyuria or constipation consider hypercalcaemia.
If they have developed weight gain and thinned or red skin consider Cushings syndrome.
Become A Pleasure Seeker
When you add oxytocin-releasing activities to your like, it helps rebalance the adrenal deficiency. What makes gives you lots of joy? Here are a few ideas:
- Watch a comedy series or film: Not only does laughter boost your immune system, it directly reduces levels of cortisol and epinephrine.
- Use music to calm you: Try some classical or ambient music. Or just put on a CD of soundscapes from nature.
- Enjoy a relaxing aromatherapy bath: Add some candles and close your eyes. Enjoy!
- Schedule a massage that gives you lots of pleasure. If you have limited funds, think about doing a massage swap with a friend where you do it for each other.
- Orgasm on a regular basis: that gives us a HUGE oxytocin release.
- Embrace a child or a pet: regular touch is very healing.
- Do the twist: Take up dancing join a class or follow online tutorials at home. Research shows that taking up tango dancing can relieve stress more than meditation.
You May Like: Best Fatigue Mat For Standing Desk
Has The Patient Experienced Hirsutism
If the patient has also developed oligomenorrhoea and acne, consider polycystic ovarian syndrome or late onset congenital adrenal hyperplasia.
If they have gained central weight, and developed thinned, bruised or red skin, consider Cushings syndrome.
If they have also developed increased muscle bulk, increased libido or clitoromegaly consider Cushings syndrome or a virilising tumour.
General Exercise Tips For People With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Be guided by your doctor or specialist, but general suggestions include:
- Experiment to find the type of exercise that works best for you. Choose from a range of gentle activities such as stretching, yoga, tai chi, walking and light weight training.
- Keep an activity diary so you have a long-term picture of your performance levels and factors that might impact on your symptoms.
- Stop the physical activity well before you feel any symptom flare. Pacing yourself is very important.
- Remember that the amount of exercise you can do will change from one day to the next.
- Listen to your body if you dont feel up to exercising on a particular day, dont.
- Find out as much as you can about your ME/CFS. Make sure you consult with health professionals who fully understand ME/CFS as a ‘real’ biomedical condition.
Read Also: Rotary Bending Fatigue Testing Machine
Second Trimester Care And Changes
Exercise: Exercise is still important, but do not exhaust yourself. Walking is one of the best choices, so take a daily walk at a comfortable rate if weather permits. Keep up your Kegel exercises as well as pelvic rocking. Maintain correct posture.
Diet: Eat smaller but more frequent meals. Fresh fruits and vegetables should help you maintain regular bowel movements. Increase your fluids.
Tips For Managing Bloating During Ovulation
- Limit your daily sodium intake by avoiding fatty, salty, processed junk foods.
- Try adopting a low-FODMAP diet. FODMAP stands for fermentable oligo-, di-, mono-saccharides, and polyols. FODMAPs are indigestible carbohydrates that create bloating, stomach pain, and gas. High-FODMAP foods include wheat, onions, broccoli, garlic, cauliflower, cabbage, artichokes, apples, beans, watermelons, and pears.
- Do routine aerobic exercise throughout the month to relieve water retention.
- Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation and yoga to alleviate ovulation bloating arising from digestive disturbances.
Read Also: Best Medication For Ms Fatigue
Does The Patient Suffer From Tiredness
If the patient also complains of constipation and polyuria consider hypercalcaemia.
If they have developed constipation, menorrhagia, or gained weight consider hypothyroidism.
If they have developed a deep tan, lost weight and feel nauseated and dizzy consider Addisons disease.
If they have lost weight, feel nauseated and dizzy, but have not developed a tan, and have also lost libido or stopped having periods consider hypopituitarism.
Has The Patient Described Nocturia
If the patient also complains of tiredness, constipation, indigestion, and polyuria consider hypercalcaemia.
If they describe extreme thirst, polyuria, skin infections, and sudden weight loss consider diabetes mellitus.
If they describe extreme thirst even at night, polyuria, and large volumes of nocturia consider diabetes insipidus.
You May Like: How To Cure Fatigue Naturally
You Have Pain In Your Stomach And Difficulty Sleeping
While weight loss is one of the most common symptoms of cancer, weight gain accompanied by pain in the abdomen or pelvis, difficulty sleeping, and irregular menstruation can be signs of ovarian cancer, according to Medical News Today.
Ovarian cancer can reach the later stages without detection, so it’s important to speak to a doctor if you are experiencing these symptoms. Its treatment largely depends on what stage your cancer is in, and might include surgery, radiotherapy, or chemotherapy, according to the Mayo Clinic.
I Cant Think Straight Im Foggy
Blame it on: High cortisol and its effect on the hippocampus.
Ever noticed how hard it is to keep your mind operating on all four cylinders when youre having a heavy-duty day? You sit at the computer but cant focus, go to the shops but forget what you need to buy, misplace your keys or wallet or both. This mental meltdown is a direct result of adrenal fatigue.
Stress induced brain drain is caused by the hippocampus, a little seahorse shaped organ in the brain involved in our short term memory. With too much cortisol in the brain, dendrites start to shrink and dont work as properly.
You May Like: Extreme Fatigue And Parkinson’s Disease
I Get Chest Pain And Heart Palpitations
Blame it on: High adrenalin, cortisol and aldosterone
When youre feeling wired your stress hormones:
- Move blood out of some organs to others so your heart has to work harder to shift the blood around.
- Make your blood vessels constrict so that you dont bleed as readily should you suffer a wound. This too puts pressure on your heart.
The end result? You may suffer everything from chest pain to heart palpitations . You may also find it hard to get up the energy to exercise, because your heart is already working harder 24/7 just to get through the day.
Signs And Symptoms Of Gastrointestinal Carcinoid Tumors
Most gastrointestinal carcinoids grow slowly. If they do cause symptoms, they tend to be vague. When trying to figure out whats going on, doctors and patients are likely to explore other, more common possible causes first. This can delay a diagnosis, sometimes even for several years. But some do cause symptoms that lead to their diagnosis.
You May Like: How To Explain Lupus Fatigue
What Causes Adrenal Fatigue
Your adrenals are two walnut-shaped glands that weigh about 0.2 ounces or 5 grams each and sit on top of your kidneys. They produce hormones that have a range of functions in your body, but one of their most important jobs is to ramp up production of stress hormones when youre under duress.
A few weeks or months of stress are all it takes to start taxing your adrenals and ramp up signs of hormone imbalance. The trouble is your brain and body dont register the difference between a true health threat and a flip out over something in your day . It treats that argument with your partner, social anxiety at the dinner party and overwhelms you feel about your to do list the same as if your life was under threat from a pack of hungry wolves.
You Are Swollen In The Legs Arms Face And Eye Sockets
Swelling of the face, eye socket, legs, arms, hands, feet, abdomen, or other areasas well as high blood pressureare possible symptoms of nephritic syndrome, according to the Penn State Hershey Medical Center. “Patients retain fluid, which increases weight,” says Drumm.
Nephritic syndrome can be treated in a variety of ways, such as with a reduced-salt diet, bed rest, medication, or dialysis. You might also have to spend some time in the hospital, if your doctor finds it necessary.
Read Also: Body Aches Chills Headache Fatigue
Women’s Health Problems Doctors Still Miss
- Women may feel like their symptoms and health problems are not taken seriously
- Some live with symptoms for 10-plus years before finally getting the right diagnosis
- Hard-to-diagnose women who can’t get the help may have autoimmune disorder
- Learn names, risk factors, symptoms, and treatments for misdiagnosed illnesses
— Ashley Price felt terrible. She was tired, dizzy spells came and went, dark splotches popped up on her chest for no reason, and she’d gained 50 pounds in two years. Some days she was starving other days she could barely eat. Her doc suggested that her problems would go away if Price just ate less and exercised more, even though she was dieting and working out regularly. Price demanded thyroid tests, only to have them come back normal.
Her doctor told her: “I have no idea what it is. Wait for it to go away.” It didn’t go away. “I could no longer think straight, no matter how hard I tried or what I did,” Price says. Worse, she suffered three straight miscarriages.
Finally, four years after this nightmare began — after the third miscarriage — an ultrasound revealed that her ovaries were riddled with cysts. She had polycystic ovary syndrome, a hormonal disorder symptoms include irregular periods, infertility, brain fog, and obesity.
1. Polycystic ovary syndrome
What is it, and who gets it?
How does it feel?
How is it diagnosed?
How is it treated?
What is it, and who gets it?
What Is A Urinary Tract Infection
A urinary tract infection, often referred to as a UTI or urine infection, is an infection of the urinary system. Usually, a urinary tract infection is caused by bacteria from the anal or genital region spreading to the bladder. If left untreated, the infection can continue to spread, eventually reaching the kidneys in the upper urinary tract.
UTIs are a very common condition, mostly affecting women, although men can also develop UTIs. Symptoms can include frequent and painful urination, an odd smell to the urine, the presence of blood in the urine and pain in the lower abdomen. Fever, nausea and upper abdominal pain may be a sign that the infection has reached the upper levels of the urinary tract.
With prompt antibiotic treatment, most people recover quickly. However, if left untreated, a urinary tract infection can develop into a serious condition with a number of complications.
Also Check: Lack Of Energy And Fatigue
Red Flags For Swollen Stomach And Back Pain
Bloating causes a distended stomach when the abdomen fills up with gas or air. This discomforting sensation can also cause pain that may be felt in the back. Together, a swollen stomach and back pain can make you feel not only distressed but perhaps a bit self-conscious as well.
The two symptoms are tied together because the back provides support and stabilizes the body. However, abdominal bloating causes pressure and pain in the area which can spread to the back. The pain may vary in severity and type from sensations of dull throbbing to sharp and pinching pain.
When the two symptoms are experienced separately they are fairly common and not usually a cause for concern. But in instances where a bloating stomach pain is also accompanied by back pain, they could be indicative of a more serious condition. These should not be taken lightly as they can include the following:
Causes Of Serious Bloating You Need To Know About And What To Do About Them
1. Ovarian cancer isnt the most likely, but it is one of the most lethal. Although ovarian cancer is only the fifth most common cancer in women, it causes more deaths than any other reproductive cancer mostly in women over 50. Risk factors include never having children or having them late in life, obesity, a family history of ovarian cancer, certain genetic abnormalities, and long-term treatment with hormone replacement therapy. Persistent bloating, feeling full faster, and pelvic pain are typical symptoms.
What to do if youre concerned about ovarian cancer:
A thorough pelvic exam or transvaginal ultrasound is the best way to diagnose ovarian cancer. The blood test CA-125 isnt a reliable screening test, but it can be helpful for following the course of treatment after diagnosis.
2. Uterine cancer. In addition to bloating, uterine cancer can cause abnormal vaginal bleeding, a watery or blood-tinged vaginal discharge, pelvic pain, or pain with intercourse or urination. But its important to know that sometimes bloating or a change in bowel habits may be the only initial signs of uterine cancer. Important risk factors include taking tamoxifen taking estrogen supplements that dont also contain progesterone radiation therapy a family history of uterine cancer or a family history of a form of inherited colon cancer called Lynch syndrome.
What to do if youre concerned about uterine cancer:
What to do if youre concerned about colon cancer:
Read Also: Fibromyalgia And Fatigue Center Of Boston
Your Body On Stress Symptoms Of Adrenal Fatigue
Youre about to go for a job interview. Your body treats this as a perceived threat and triggers a powerful danger signal. This activates your HPA , a feedback loop between your brain and other organs such as the kidneys. Your hypothalamus is like the command center and its job is to send urgent Watch Out messages to your pituitary and Adrenal glands. Within femtoseconds, your fight or flight response kicks in. This preps you to defend yourself or flee. So you experience a rapid cascade of other stress responses: