Why Trust Simply Recipes
This guide was authored by Su-Jit Lin, who has over a dozen years of experience writing about food, twice that in cooking it, and thrice in enjoying all of it with extreme and likely unseemly gusto. Shes most often found on her feet, which are not indefatigablehence this guide. When not standing at her desk, shes doing the same at her stove, counter, or sink.
Read Next: The Best Kitchen Faucets
Redfern MS, Chaffin DB. Influence of flooring on standing fatigue. Hum Factors. 1995 37:570-581.
Thickness Density & Elements Of Anti
A dense rubber mat is less tiring than a soft mat and will provide better support. But there’s more to consider when it comes to density, and a well-designed anti-fatigue mat will be engineered based on key elements that are known to alleviate foot fatigue. Adding a vinyl cover to a foam construction may be fine for a comfy feel, but when you want to reduce foot fatigue, it’s just not enough.
A foam mat that is too soft may look and feel nice at first step, but you will constantly be balancing on the mat, similar to walking on sand. That can be extremely fatiguing in the long run. This balancing act also improperly shifts the weight, and that can lead to misalignment health issues. For chefs who spend hours cooking or baking, this type is too light to provide a good cushioning.
Mats that are at least 3/8 inch, 1/2 inch or closer to 1 inch thick would be best, but not too high to create a tripping hazard. The best mats will also have a tapered edge to prevent tripping hazards and the wider the taper, the better. According to SmartCells U.S.A., their “SmartCells anti-fatigue technology is based on valid, time-tested research, not emotional market-tested buzzwords.”
The bottom line: If you’ve already experienced foot, knee or back pain and you stand for hours, a lightweight mat will probably be inadequate. Go for an industrial grade mat with essential features to reduce foot strain, such as a SmartCells mat.
The Best Kitchen Anti
At first glance Anti-Fatigue Mats don’t seem that exciting – they’re a mat for your kitchen. BUT, if you’ve ever tried one you know why they’re a big deal.
When you’re entertaining or cooking a big meal, or heck, even just making a regular dinner after a long day, your feet, legs and back can start to ache. An anti-fatigue mat works to combat this discomfort. And yes, they really do work … really well!
Also Check: Does Thyroid Cancer Cause Fatigue
How Long Do Anti
Its tricky to answer this one because an anti-fatigue mats longevity varies depending on what its made out of and the conditions in which its used. For example, if your mat is in a high-traffic area, its going to wear out faster than if its only used occasionally in one spot. Also, if your mat is subjected to excessive temperatures or cleaning, it may wear out faster.
That being said, most mat used in businesses are designed to be replaced after a year. However, many mats designed for home use can last much longer, including some of those above with lifetime guarantees. All in all, youll be able to tell when your mat starts to wear out and needs to be replaced.
Regular Floor Mats Vs Anti
When a little cushioning is all that’s needed, carpeted mats are probably the most economical and may be sufficient for light duty if they have a rubber backing for safety. But make sure that they are washable and will withstand many washings. There’s also a good array of rubber or foam vinyl-covered mats for home use, but these may lack anti-fatigue properties and simply provide light cushioning. Rubber interlocking mats sold in hardware stores for workshops or play areas can also be very practical and economical for light duty, depending on use.
You May Like: Extreme Fatigue Muscle Weakness Joint Pain
Icustomrug Ergonomic Standing Mat
We love these supportive anti-fatigue mats for so many reasons. First, their core is memory foam, which provides comforting support to your back, legs, and feet. Youll also love that as soon as you step off one of these mats, it returns to its original shape. It also wont lose its structure over time.
The material is also stain- and water-resistant. To clean it, just give it a good wipe down with a damp cloth and some mild soap. The texture also adds a warm accent to any neutral-toned room, and its available in seven different colors and designs.
What Are Kitchen Floor Mats
When we stand for long periods on hard flooring, the pressure is placed on our feet, knees, and lower back. This leads to discomfort and pain. Over time, standing on hard flooring can lead to long-term injuries, such as Cumulative Standing Trauma . While this most commonly applies to workers who have to stand for their entire shift, symptoms can be felt by people who routinely stand at home.
Enter the anti-fatigue kitchen mat. Usually made of rubber or foam, anti-fatigue mats cushion your feet from hard surfaces such as concrete, tile, wood, and laminate. These mats improve posture and reduce stress on pain points by providing a stable and supportive barrier.
Its important to realize that the best kitchen floor mat is not like a rug or gel covering. Many vinyl rubber mats for home use are perfectly acceptable for light-duty but are not the same as a decent kitchen floor mat.
To be considered an anti-fatigue mat, it has to be at least thick, have high-density foam, and be constructed with particular properties to relieve foot pain. As for gel-filled mats, its really a matter of personal preference, although it should be noted that gel mats tend to be more expensive.
Also Check: Weight Loss Fatigue Joint Pain
Where To Find Anti
If you prefer to shop online, you’ll find a good variety of types and prices of mats available. For personal shopping, carpeted and foam vinyl-covered mats can be found in most merchandise stores. Interlocking rubber mats are sold in packages or 4 or 6 at hardware or large merchandise stores.
Wiselife Kitchen Mat Cushioned Anti Fatigue Floor Mat
- Comfortable and Thick] The WiseLife cushioned kitchen floor mat is made from ultra thick gel foam and ergonomically engineered to provide more comfort.
- Premium Materials] The kitchen rugs and mats is made of premium PVC and thick foam that is phathalate-free,latex-free,and smell-free.
- Non-Slip Backing] The WiseLife anti-fatigue kitchen mat are designed with a unique beveled edge.
- Easy to Clean] The padded kitchen floor mats is easily cleaned when water, stains or oil splashes on the mat.
- Multi-Purpose] The WiseLife standing pad is measured as 28 x 17.
Also Check: Can Low Blood Pressure Cause Fatigue
When Should I Use An Anti
If you intend to stand for long periods, no matter what activity it is, you will benefit from an anti-fatigue mat. The general guideline is to use one for any activity that has you standing for 40 minutes or longer.
Also, if you have a job where you will be standing for several hours, its a good idea to get an anti-fatigue mat. It can save you not only from achy feet and a sore back, but also potential long term health issues.
Buyers Checklist Of Important Features
When it comes time to pick out an anti-fatigue mat, there are a few things you should know. For starters, there are a ton of different mats on the market and its crucial you get one that is designed to reduce fatigue. On top of that, you also want to get one that is effective and not just a cheap piece of rubber.
With that in mind, weve put together a checklist of essential features to consider. While in this anti fatigue mats review weve discussed several of the best anti fatigue kitchen mats weve found, you may wish to shop around for comparisons, and its critical you know what youre looking for.
Important features to consider include:
- Ensure the mat is at least ¾ thick for real fatigue prevention.
- Look for beveled ends so you wont trip on the mat.
- Get a mat or mats that will accommodate your entire work area. For instance, if you move from the stove to the sink a lot while cooking, you may want to get two mats, so youre always standing on a cushioned surface.
- Choose a finish thats right for your work areas, such as PVC or antimicrobial rubber for easy cleaning.
- Make sure its non-slip, especially if its going to get wet.
Don’t Miss: How To Get Rid Of Extreme Fatigue
Mattitude Kitchen Mat Cushioned Anti
- Premium Material] Mattitude kitchen mat is manufactured from superior pvc materials that is very eco-friendly to your family.
- Comfortable] The Mattitude anti-fatigue kitchen mats are ergonomically engineered.
- Stylish & Versatile] The 2-pack rugs for kitchen are measured as 17.
- Easy to clean] Constructed with waterproof material which repels water, liquids, oils or stains and if anything spills, The Mattitude kitchen mat makes an effortless clean up.
- Stay in place] The non skid kitchen mats and rugs are designed with non-slip backing helpful to keep the rug sturdy and prevent shifting or slippingthus enhancing safety.
Kitchenclouds Kitchen Mat Cushioned Anti Fatigue Kitchen Rug 173×28 Waterproof Non Slip Kitchen Rugs And Mats Standing Desk Mat Comfort Floor Mats For Kitchen House Sink Office
- Comfort and Quality: The kitchen rug is made of high-quality, soft PVC foam which provides a thick cushion to provide support and comfort when standing.
- Safety Design: The diamond-shaped design on the bottom of anti fatigue mats keeps the mat in place and prevents slippage.
- Easy to clean: The surface material of the kitchen mats is made to deter dust and debris and the waterproof material is easy to clean.
- Wide Variety of UsesThe neutral tone matches any décor and may be used in any area of your home such as kitchen, office, workstation, laundry room, dressing table, etc.
- Tips: Open rug fully and place on even, flat, dry floor.
Also Check: Extreme Leg Weakness And Fatigue
What Are The Benefits Of Using Anti
Anti-fatigue mats reduce fatigue and improve health. Studies have shown that they reduce fatigue by up to 50%, and people who use them consistently are less likely to have joint pain, varicose veins, pregnancy problems, and heart attack.
They also help to decrease accidents, as most of them include anti-slip surfaces to prevent falls. Anything that helps you not to slip can save you from possible accidents and injuries. On top of that, many employers have found that they help with productivity by preventing injuries and improving their employees health.
Can You Put A Chair On An Anti
Most anti-fatigue mats are designed for standing and would be difficult to wheel an office chair on. Regular chair legs may also puncture or damage the cover on a mat. If you want a mat for an office desk or other area where you may sit and stand, look for a small mat that can go in front of your chair.
Recommended Reading: Excessive Weight Gain And Fatigue
What About Gel Mats
They’re certainly worth considering for light duty. Many people love their gel-filled shoe insoles, so this concept can certainly be extended to the kitchen. It’s really a matter of taste and how it feels for you. Gel-filled anti-fatigue mats tend to be much higher priced and this may be a constraint. Because kitchen mats may feel great for one person and not another, keep in mind that it may take trial and error to find the right one for you. Anti-fatigue mats generally have some stress relieving qualities, but not all are equal regarding materials, features, and benefits. Some are considered light duty, while others have industrial-grade properties that make them better suited for heavy-duty use. And for those who spend hours in the kitchen or home shop, this is the type of anti-fatigue mat you need.
An industrial-grade anti-fatigue mat should be at least 3/8 inch thick and constructed with special properties to alleviate foot stress. See below for more information on density. Look for a top pattern that is easy to wipe clean and suitable sizing for your area. Though a heavy duty anti-fatigue mat may not be as pretty as some kitchen mats, remember that it’s the quality that counts, and that’s a small trade-off when it comes to easing foot pain. Black is easiest to find colors are more limited. Be prepared to pay for this grade of the mat they’re usually more expensive.
How Do You Buy The Best Kitchen Antifatigue Mat
Do you get stressed out thinking about shopping for Kitchen Antifatigue Mat? Do doubts keep creeping into your mind? We understand, because weve already gone through the whole process of researching Best Kitchen Antifatigue Mat, which is why we have assembled a comprehensive list of the greatest Kitchen Antifatigue Mat available in the current market. Weve also come up with a list of questions that you probably have yourself. John Harvards has done the best we can with our thoughts and recommendations, but its still crucial that you do thorough research on your own for Kitchen Antifatigue Mat that you consider buying. Your questions might include the following:
- Is it worth buying an Kitchen Antifatigue Mat?
- What benefits are there with buying an Kitchen Antifatigue Mat?
- What factors deserve consideration when shopping for an effective Kitchen Antifatigue Mat?
- Why is it crucial to invest in any Kitchen Antifatigue Mat, much less the best one?
- Which Kitchen Antifatigue Mat are good in the current market?
- Where can you find information like this about Kitchen Antifatigue Mat?
Also Check: What Can Cause Severe Fatigue And Tiredness
Kangaroo Original Standing Kitchen Mat
The extra-thick Kangaroo kitchen mat is made with ultimate comfort in mind, especially if you stand for extended periods. Designed to help reduce stress on your feet and joints, this mats firmness also helps you keep your balance.
Because theyre stain-resistant and easy to clean, these also work well in bathrooms, laundry rooms, or even your home office. The high-quality material offers long-lasting support that wont compress or break down over time.
If youre looking for a comfortably soft, yet, firm, cushioned surface to provide some relief for your feet or legs, choose one of these! Its available in various colors and designs.
Happytrends Kitchen Mat Cushioned Comfort Anti
- Comfortable]: HappyTrends anti-fatigue kitchen mat is perfect for standing for long periods of time.
- Anti-slip]: The cushioned anti-fatigue comfort mat is designed with a unique beveled edge and a non-slip bottom to ensure that the mat stays in place to prevent trips and slips.
- High Quality Materials]:The kit contains 2 rectangular mats (17.
- Easy to Clean]: This kitchen mat is made of waterproof and oil-proof material, which is easy to clean and take care of.
- Versatility]The anti-fatigue mat provides an extra large area for standing in laundry room, kitchen, office, in front of sink or any other high-traffic indoor or outdoor space.
Recommended Reading: Timberland Pro Men’s Anti Fatigue Technology Replacement Insole
Buying Tips Before You Buy Anti
There are many anti-fatigue mats on the market, some of which are designed for use in an industrial setting where workers stand for hours at the same workstation, while others have a lighter nature intended for light duty work in the home environment.
But many spend countless hours in the home kitchen, garage or workshop while baking, cooking or tinkering. And this can put the same undue stress on your feet and body, as it does for the industrial worker. If you have very hard surface floors like ceramic tile, even standing for one hour can be grueling.
The solution is a properly suited and well-designed anti-fatigue mat that can reduce foot stress and related back and knee problems. But with so many choices on the market, it can be difficult to find the right one for your particular needs. These tips will better equip you when it comes to buying an anti-fatigue mat.
Most Stylish Kitchen Mat
Essentially the statement rug of anti-fatigue kitchen mats, this option from the creators of Little Nomad is as comfy as it is stylish. Made in the USA from thick and squishy polyurethane foam with a printed top, the mat is available in several sizes and colors. The only downside is that it’s fussy to clean power vacuums are not recommended, which means it’s not ideal for households with pets.
Shop Now: Nama Standing Mat, $79, thehouseofnoa.com.
Read Also: Can Asthma Cause Extreme Fatigue
Comfilife Anti Fatigue Floor Mat 3/4 Inch Thick Perfect Kitchen Mat
- Anti Fatigue Mat: The ComfiLife anti-fatigue floor mat enhances comfort while standing.
- High Quality Materials: Manufactured from superior materials, the ComfiLife cushioned mat core is made of 3/4 thick, high-density foam that reduce discomfort on feet, knees, legs, and back while standing for an extended period.
- Multi-use Floor Mat: The ComfiLife standing pad is exceptional for your office while standing at your desk, the kitchen while doing dishes, the laundry room while folding clothes and while working at your workbench.
- Stain Resistant Surface: This ergonomic mat is durable, stain resistant, and easy to clean.
- Lifetime Satisfaction: ComfiLife is trusted by hundreds of thousands happy customers around the world.