Best Homeopathic Remedies For Adrenal Fatigue
If youre dealing with symptoms such as fatigue, weight gain, insomnia, and hormone imbalance check out these homeopathic remedies for adrenal fatigue! Homeopathy is a very old and gentle practice that has helped people for hundreds of years and offers a number of remedies that can really help.
Are you having symptoms like:
- Frequent illness
- Thyroid symptoms
- Feeling over emotional
- Feeling better in the evening or night time hours
- Feeling tired even after a full nights sleep
- Craving salt
- Hormonal imbalance
or have you been diagnosed with adrenal fatigue?
If so, youre probably wondering if its possible to heal adrenal fatigue naturally and looking for the best treatment.
Let me show you why I think that homeopathy is one of the best natural treatments for adrenal fatigue and some of my favorite remedies that can gently, but effectively help you feel better!
In this post well go over:
If youre ready to learn more about homeopathic remedies for adrenal fatigue and how this natural treatment could help you feel better, have more energy, and find relief from the symptoms youre experiencing- be sure to keep reading!
Lifestyle Suggestions For Fighting Fatigue
- Dont smoke cigarette smoke contains many harmful substances. There are many reasons why smokers typically have lower energy levels than non-smokers for example, for the body to make energy it needs to combine glucose with oxygen, but the carbon monoxide in cigarette smoke reduces the amount of oxygen available in the blood.
- Increase physical activity physical activity boosts energy levels, while a sedentary lifestyle is a known cause of fatigue. Physical activity has many good effects on the body and mind. A good bout of exercise also helps you sleep better at night. Seek advice and encouragement regarding the steps you can take toward a more active lifestyle and talk to your doctor if you havent exercised in a long time, are obese, are aged over 40 years or have a chronic medical condition.
- Move more, sit less reduce sedentary behaviours such as watching television and using computers, and break up long bouts of sitting.
- Seek treatment for substance abuse excessive alcohol consumption or recreational drug use contribute to fatigue, and are unhealthy and potentially dangerous.
- Workplace issues demanding jobs, conflicts at work and burnout are common causes of fatigue. Take steps to address your work problems. A good place to start is to talk with your human resources officer.
Last Thoughts About Homeopathic Remedies For Adrenal Fatigue
Adrenal fatigue is a complex combination of stress-related symptoms that can be different from person to person.
Thats one reason homeopathic remedies are a great option to consider for natural treatment.
When using homeopathy the whole person is considered and a gentle, yet effective remedy is chosen.
Another bonus to using homeopathic remedies is that they are incredibly affordable! Who doesnt like that?!
If youre interested in trying homeopathic remedies for adrenal fatigue, check out the recommendations above or seek out an experienced homeopath and see how they can help you on your road to good health and wellness!
Don’t Miss: Supplements To Help With Fatigue
Choose The Right Snacks To Boost The Energy
Snacking on the right foods can help to sustain energy. Make sure that whatever you munch on between meals are healthy, nutritious, and packed with vitamins and minerals. Try nuts, seeds, apples, bananas, etc. for snacks. Such foods are rich in protein and fiber that is not only healthy but help to curb hunger as well.
What Is Fatigue And How Is It Manifested
Fatigue is a symptom of a range of medical conditions that will be explored below. It can also be the result of some lifestyle choices like a lack of nutrients in the diet and physical activity. Fortunately, there are many things that can be done to increase energy levels naturally.
Fatigue refers to a feeling of weakness, both physically and/or mentally. Millions of people live their lives with fatigue every day.
Fatigue refers to a lack of energy and a feeling of whole-body exhaustion. It is not the same as being sleepy. Sleepiness or drowsiness is a warm and inviting feeling to get some rest, whereas fatigue is an uncomfortable feeling of being exhausted.
Fatigue manifests itself as a lack of motivation and energy. An associated symptom of fatigue is apathy, as in the lack of concern of the feelings of others.
It can be sudden or progressive. Fatigue may be isolated and a normal occurrence, i.e. following a bout of intense physical or mental activity. Think, after a long exam or a marathon. Normally, this type of fatigue can be resolve upon rest. If fatigue persists and is progressively worsens, then it may be indicative of an underlying health condition.
Also Check: Chills And Fatigue Without Fever
Why Are You So Tired All The Time
If you find yourself sleeping through multiple morning alarms or wishing you had a place at work to secretly snooze midday, theres a chance you suffer from fatigue or exhaustion. There are medical reasons you feel tired all the time, but fatigue not related to a specific medical issue could stem from a number of causes including inadequate or interrupted sleep, poor diet, stress, depression, lack of exercise, and jet lag, says Maura Henninger, ND, a naturopathic doctor in New York. Luckily, help for fatigue may be found in a natural remedy. Herbal remedies are fantastic at supporting certain kinds of fatigue, especially to issues related to the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis, which governs the bodys stress response, says Dr. Henninger. And who doesnt have excessive stress these days? Herbs are great at modulating the bodys stress response.
Next time you find yourself reaching for caffeine or sugar to combat the midday slump, consider these home remedies for your fatigue .
What Is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Chronic fatigue syndrome or myalgic encephalomyelitis is a condition where the individual experiences overwhelming fatigue. This hampers the productivity of the individual, who fails to perform and complete the tasks for the day. The exact cause for this condition is unknown. The syndrome may last a month, a couple of months, or even a year. Individuals experience memory loss, insomnia, lack of concentration, and muscle pain, in addition to the extreme fatigue. Bed rest does not improve the condition.
There are five different types of CFSs:
- Flu-like fatigue
- Iron, folic acid, vitamin D, or vitamin B12 deficiencies
- Medications such as anti-histamines, anti-depressants, sedatives
- Diseases such as multiple sclerosis, cancer, stroke, Parkinsons disease
- Heart conditions, such as arrhythmia, heart attack
Recommended Reading: How Long Does Fatigue Last After Chemo And Radiation
Keep A Gratitude Journal
When youre already feeling drained and low, negative or distressing thoughts can seem even more overwhelming.
To challenge unwanted emotions and thoughts and refocus on the things you enjoy in life, try keeping a journal where you note a few things youre thankful for every day. Alternately, think of or say one thing youre grateful for every day.
- greater overall well-being
- better physical health
Some Illnesses Cause Fatigue
Sometimes, fatigue can be the first sign that something is wrong in your body. For example, people with rheumatoid arthritis, a painful condition that affects the joints, often complain of fatigue. People with cancer may feel fatigued from the disease, treatments, or both.
Many medical problems and treatments can add to fatigue. These include:
- Taking certain medications, such as antidepressants, antihistamines, and medicines for nausea and pain
- Having medical treatments, like chemotherapy and radiation, or recovering from major surgery
- Chronic diseases like diabetes, heart disease, kidney disease, liver disease, thyroid disease, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Untreated pain and diseases like fibromyalgia
- Sleep apnea and other sleep disorders
Managing a health problem may make the fatigue go away. Your doctor can help.
Read Also: Best Step Anti Fatigue Interlocking Mats
How Can My Doctor Manage Fatigue
To find out what is causing your fatigue, your healthcare provider will ask questions about your lifestyle and medications and will conduct a physical examination. They might order some lab tests to test blood and urine. If you are a woman of child-bearing age, your provider will probably order a pregnancy test.
To relieve fatigue, your provider will treat the condition or disorder thatâs causing it. Depending on your health, your treatment plan may include a combination of medication, exercise, or therapy. If youâre taking a medication that makes you feel exhausted, talk to your healthcare provider about the risks and benefits of stopping the medication or trying another one.
Begin Your Day With A High
The human body undergoes an extensive and energy-consuming repair process during sleep. So when an individual wakes up, he naturally feels low in energy. Hence, mornings are the right time to boost the energy levels with a hearty protein-rich breakfast. Include a bowl of Greek yogurt, hemp seeds, flaxseeds, and other protein-rich healthy foods in your breakfast platter to stay energetic and dynamic throughout the day.
Know When To Say ‘enough’
Rather than lying in bed tossing and turning, you could get up and watch television or read a book. Wait until you feel tired again and then go back to bed. Audiotapes with stories may help you to sleep, and are stocked in most bookshops and libraries.
Mental exercises can also help you to sleep. These usually take about 10 minutes and include:
- trying to remember the lines of a song or poem
- making alphabetical lists of girls or boys names, countries, trees or flowers
- reliving a favourite experience in every detail
- writing a letter in your head
- relaxation exercises
Your body will still get some benefit from lying quietly in bed resting, even if you are not actually asleep. Although you may feel as if you have been awake all night, you may well have managed to have several hours of good quality sleep.
Reconsider Your Working Conditions
If your job consistently demands more time and mental energy than you can realistically put in, it may not be a sustainable long-term career option.
Of course, you may not necessarily have the option of giving notice and taking time to search for another job. Also, coming home from work and spending the small amount of free time you do have on job hunting might only exhaust you more.
However, it can help to consider the options you do have open to you. For example, you might:
- set firmer boundaries around working hours so you can rest and relax each day
- ask your supervisor about potential workplace changes that could ease some of the burden
- set aside a few hours each week to search for a new job
- take 20 minutes each day to network and explore job opportunities
You May Like: What Is The Best Supplement For Adrenal Fatigue
Can Emotions Cause Fatigue
Are you fearful about the future? Do you worry about your health and who will take care of you? Are you afraid you are no longer needed? Emotional stresses like these can take a toll on your energy. Fatigue can be linked to many conditions, including:
- Stress from financial or personal problems
- Feeling that you no longer have control over your life
Not getting enough sleep can also contribute to fatigue. Regular physical activity can improve your sleep. It may also help reduce feelings of depression and stress while improving your mood and overall well-being. Yoga, meditation, or cognitive behavioral therapy could also help you get more rest. Talk with your doctor if your mental well-being is affecting your sleep or making you tired.
What Are The Symptoms Of Fatigue
Some of the most common symptoms of fatigue include the following. The home remedies for fatigue can make almost every symptom subside and induce a feeling of peace and restfulness in mind besides making you go to sleep at the right time and wake up rejuvenated the next day. The symptoms of fatigue include
- Soreness of the muscles.
There are two different types of fatigue, and these are categorized as physical and mental fatigue.
Read Also: What Causes Burning Eyes And Fatigue
General Suggestions For Exercise
- Regular, light exercise such as walking has been shown to reduce fatigue as well as nausea and vomiting, and can help some people to sleep better
- Plan some activity or light exercise into your day
- If exercise is impossible, try to stay active in your daily routine
- Pay attention to how your body reacts to exercise: how did you sleep? How did you feel the next day?
- Drink plenty of fluids before, during and after exercise
- Perhaps keep a record of your activities to share with your doctor or nurse, so they can help monitor your progress
- It’s important to find a balance between activity and rest, and to exercise in a way that allows the muscles to recover after activity
- Dont exercise if you feel unwell, are in pain or have any other symptoms that worry you, such as feeling breathless. Let your doctor know if you feel unwell or have worrying symptoms
How Can I Feel Less Tired
Some changes to your lifestyle can make you feel less tired. Here are some suggestions:
- Keep a fatigue diary to help you find patterns throughout the day when you feel more or less tired.
- Exercise regularly. Almost anyone, at any age, can do some type of physical activity. If you have concerns about starting an exercise program, ask your doctor if there are any activities you should avoid. Moderate exercise may improve your appetite, energy, and outlook. Some people find that exercises combining balance and breathing improve their energy.
- Try to avoid long naps late in the day. Long naps can leave you feeling groggy and may make it harder to fall asleep at night. Read A Good Nights Sleep for tips on getting better rest at night.
- Stop smoking.Smoking is linked to many diseases and disorders, such as cancer, heart disease, and breathing problems, which can drain your energy.
- Ask for help if you feel swamped. Some people have so much to do that just thinking about their schedules can make them feel tired. Working with others may help a job go faster and be more fun.
Recommended Reading: How Long Does Fatigue Last After A Concussion
Reduce Fatigue By Getting Better Sleep
One of the best natural remedies to beat tiredness or fatigue is to make sure youre getting enough sleep — and making sure that sleep is good quality.
Try these 4 tips to help you get the right kind of sleep:
Stress Vs Mental Exhaustion
Nearly everyone experiences stress from time to time its the bodys natural reaction to new, overwhelming, or scary situations.
This biological response results in a surge of hormones, including adrenaline and cortisol, that help you respond to perceived threats and high-pressure situations that require quick thinking.
Once youve dealt with or removed the stressor, your bodys hormones should go back to typical levels. But chronic or long-term stress can play a role in mental exhaustion.
When you continue to face a challenge or set of challenges that activate your bodys stress response, your cortisol levels remain high. Eventually, too-high cortisol levels can interfere with normal body processes, such as digestion, sleep, and immune system function. In short, if you dont feel well and arent getting enough rest, your brain doesnt have the chance it needs to recharge and reset.
You might feel physically exhausted:
- after an intense workout or other physical activity
- when you get several nights of interrupted or inadequate sleep
- if you have a physically demanding job
- during an illness or while recovering from one
Yet physical and mental exhaustion can also play off each other. So if youre dealing with one, theres a good chance you might also start to notice the other.
And on the flip side, mental exhaustion can affect physical performance, making exercise and other tasks that require endurance feel considerably more physically taxing and demanding.
Recommended Reading: How To Heal Thyroid And Adrenal Fatigue
Is It Sleepiness Or Fatigue
Sleepiness can occur when a person does not get enough good quality sleep, or when they have a lack of stimulation. It can also be a symptom of a health condition that interferes with sleep, such as sleep apnea or restless legs syndrome.
Sleepiness is more likely to be short-term than fatigue. It is usually treatable with regular and consistent sleep.
However, fatigue especially when it is chronic is often associated with a health condition or problem. It may also be its own chronic condition, called chronic fatigue syndrome, or myalgic encephalomyelitis.
Fatigue is associated with many health conditions and lifestyle factors. The sections below will outline these in more detail.
Looking After Someone Who Has Fatigue
Things that you can do to help someone with fatigue include:
- Understand the different ways of dealing with fatigue by reading the information in this section
- Write down the impact of fatigue on their daily life
- Write down the impact of fatigue on your daily life
- Go with them on their visits to hospital, where possible, and discuss the impact of fatigue on your lives
- Discuss with the doctors and nurses the ways of reducing fatigue that you have already tried
- Discuss what could be causing the fatigue
- Take in a fatigue diary and discuss it with the doctors/nurses
- Look through the diary with the person you are caring for to find any pattern of fatigue
- Identify times when they have more energy to arrange activities such as having family round to visit, shopping, and working
Also Check: Does Lupus Cause Extreme Fatigue